Saturday, January 06, 2007

Running, the iPod Shuffle, and Life

Saturday was a weird one. It was 75 degrees & sunny. We had windows open all day. This isn't January weather. I know we live in the South, but come on! I ran outside in just shorts & a t-shirt. Lisa got me an iPod shuffle for Christmas. I love it because I am the type of runner that needs distraction. Music in my head lets me ignore the burning in my legs. It is tiny, weighs almost nothing, clips to my shorts, and has 225 songs on it.
I love not knowing what's coming next. It's a good metaphor for life - you have an idea of what you want to come next, and you know based on your style and tastes what might come next, but instead of U2 or REM, you get something from Neil Diamond or Yo-YoMa, and you are pleasantly surprised to listen to the whole song. Like life when things don't go as expected, but the twists are a pleasant surprise and you find yourself enjoying them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home