Thursday, May 11, 2006

Dreams can be scary, but good!

I've come across two blogs in two days that have touched a chord in me right now, humming a tune of adventure and belief and faith in myself. They've made me think about what I am doing, why I am doing this, and what is possible in life. I'd label these "Big Ideas" if I had categories on this blog (curses Blogger!). They are big ideas, though, and they should be ideas we continuously come back to and re-evaluate within our lives.

Creating Passionate Users talks about Eleanor Roosevelt's famous quote, "Do one thing every day that scares you." I know that taking this sabbatical, this cross-country trek, this adventure into America scares me a little bit. But I'm excited it is happening and I can't wait to find out who I am at the far end of this road. (hmmm, sounds like Tim's having an identity crisis here online for all to see, but really I think I am having an identity epiphany. . . again)

Life 2.0 has a thought provoking post about Dreaming Big and quotes Alice,

"There is no use trying", said Alice. "One can't believe impossible things."

"I dare say you haven't had much practise", said the Queen.

"When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast"

-- Lewis Carroll


Dream your dream, and then do it. That's what IT is all about, isn't it?

I am (trying!).

1 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's wonderful to see two people actually living this stuff.

I'm sure it's true what they say about 'we never have a better life until we can see it for ourselves'. I'm sure you do this beautifully.

Here's to your dreams. May they all be blessed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home