Thursday, June 15, 2006

It Blowed Away!

My South Dakota home was blowed away!

MONDAY NIGHT: About 12:30, the traffic noise subsided but was replaced by the roaring winds and thunder. A storm blew through our patch of Rapid City, literally blowing the tent in on us. The poles would bend as the tent caught the wind like a sail. I got out and decided to try and stake the corners of the tent down. That didn't really work, and at 1:00 Lisa moved into the relative safety of the RAV. I followed shortly after her, tossing the cooler into the tent to weigh it down. About 2:00 AM I looked out at our site and the entire tent had collapsed. Because I didn't want it to completely disappear, I got out of the car and collected the sad shelter. ( I considered turning in my Eagle Scout award for my poor camping skills).

Lisa thought it would be funny to take a picture of the devastation. Me, not so much.

1 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've had a similar experience. IN fact, our tent blew away in the night never to be recovered although the bottom of the tent and the cooler were right where we left them :-). Tim its not about your skills, mother nature can be a Biotch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home